Fly Dispenser Mk2
New from FlySorter
FlySorter is proud to release the second version of its groundbreaking fly dispensing device, which is the key to automating a variety of Drosophila tasks. The Fly Dispenser Mk2 is available now for $3,950 and can release one, awake fly at a time from a vial containing hundreds, without the use of CO2.
Improved design, quieter operation
In this latest iteration, FlySorter has improved reliability and usability, and also made the device quieter in use.
The manual and USB interfaces remain, so you can use the Fly Dispenser as a standalone device or a module within a bigger system.
What can you do with a Fly Dispenser?
The Fly Dispenser Mk2 uses a patent-pending mechanism to isolate individual flies quickly. Use it to:
- Load flies into 96 well plates for molecular analysis
- Easily load individual flies into TriKinetics DAM tubes
- Introduce flies into behavioral arenas
- Avoid the impacts of CO2 anesthesia
- Dispense a single fly, on demand, for dissection or imaging
- Tally flies after behavioral assays
- Count flies to assess fecundity
Requirements and Specifications
The Fly Dispenser Mk2 is designed to operate in a lab setting, as it needs both electrical power and compressed air. Requirements:
- 12V DC power (using included AC adapter)
- Compressed air - 60-100 psi (120 max) / < 1 scfm consumption
- Dispenses D. melanogaster and similar-sized flies
- Average dispense time < 5 seconds
- USB-B port