MAPLE Fly Handling Robot
A MODULAR AUTOMATED PLATFORM FOR LARGE-SCALE EXPERIMENTS
Just as liquid handling robots have revolutionized molecular biology, we believe automation is the key to learning even more from fruit flies, and we've designed a system to make it happen.
MAPLE - a Modular Automated Platform for Large-scale Experiments - is a low-cost solution that can perform experiments as well as basic fly tasks, like collecting virgins. MAPLE was designed and developed with the de Bivort Lab at Harvard University, and it can:
- Handle both anesthetized and awake flies.
- Connect with a variety of modules, including our Fly Dispenser and FlyPlate storage system.
- Run unattended, with measures that detect collisions or other failures.
- Perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Load flies into experimental apparatus.
- Collect virgin flies.
- "Flip" flies that are stored in FlyPlate 96 well plates.
- Easily be extended, through Python scripts, to do whatever you want it to do!
INTERESTed in buying a robot?
MAPLE isn't for sale just yet, but we are hard at work on a professional version. Sign up for our email list and you'll be among the first to know when it's available: